Carpentry and Joinery 1 - Product Features
- The third edition of Carpentry and Joinery 1 is the first in a series of three books which together provide an authoritative but thoroughly practical guide to carpentry and joinery for students following City & Guilds and CITB courses, NVQ candidates, and a wide range of amateurs and professionals.
- Carpentry and Joinery 1 deals with the fundamentals of the subject from topics such as timber and wood preservation and protection, to a detailed outline of the tools available and information on the basic woodworking joints, adhesives and fixing devices. Books 2 and 3 show how to apply this fundamental knowledge. Details of craft theory, associated studies and practical procedures are integrated throughout each text.
- In this new edition chapters have been reorganised to produce a more coherent, student-focused course. All references to the Building Regulations and current legislation have been updated, and developments in current best practice have been incorporated.
In an Ideal World - Product Features
- Altaf Hussein, a young Muslim student, has been abducted from his college hostel. The authorities have washed their hands off the matter and the police are accused of a cover up. Rumours claim he has gone to fight the jihad in Iraq. More sinister rumours have him tortured and murdered for opposing the Nationalist students who are on a rampage to create a Hindu homeland in India, driving out Liberal supporters like Altaf and their decadent ideals.
Guidebook Gabions - Product Features
- This small guide for gabions is intended to help you choose the right gabions and materials to suit your needs and give you important tips if you want to build your gabions yourself.
Claddings of Light : Book 12 of Painting the Mists - Product Features
- The Burning Lake Prefecture has declared war on the demon lands. The human invaders are mighty, and even Stargazer City?s new seer can?t stop them. Cha Ming would love to help, but his hands are tied. He has a death match to attend, and only six months to prepare.
- To survive, he?ll need to awaken his divine blood using the Iridescent Phoenix?s inheritance. But such a precious treasure is not easy to obtain. Cha Ming?s competitors are strong and have been preparing all their lives. They wield alchemical skills that exceed his own, and iridescent flames that turn emotions into reality.
- Cha Ming?s friends fight to buy him as much time as they can, because should he win the death match, he will take control of the Burning Lake Prefecture. Should he lose, however, not only will he and Huxian die, but every demon tribe in the north will be forced to surrender or perish.
Wind Loads: Time Saving Methods Using the 2018 IBC and ASCE/SEI 7-16 - Product Features
- This practical guide provides engineers with a visual overview of the code provisions pertinent to wind loads. Free of complicated and confusing explanations, the book includes numerous design aids, figures, and flowcharts that clearly demonstrate the code provisions. Written by a recognized expert in the field, Wind Loads: Time-Saving Methods Using the 2018 IBC and ASCE/SEI 7-16 contains simplified, step-by-step procedures that can be applied to main wind force resisting systems and components and cladding of building and nonbuilding structures. Examples and companion online Excel spreadsheets can be used to accurately and efficiently calculate wind loads.
Applied Metallurgy and Corrosion Control: A Handbook for the Petrochemical Industry (Indian Institute of Metals Series) - Product Features
- This book serves as a comprehensive resource on metals and materials selection for the petrochemical industrial sector. The petrochemical industry involves large scale investments, and to maintain profitability the plants are to be operated with minimum downtime and failure of equipment, which can also cause safety hazards. To achieve this objective proper selection of materials, corrosion control, and good engineering practices must be followed in both the design and the operation of plants. Engineers and professional of different disciplines involved in these activities are required to have some basic understanding of metallurgy and corrosion. This book is written with the objective of servings as a one-stop shop for these engineering professionals. The book first covers different metallic materials and their properties, metal forming processes, welding, and corrosion and corrosion control measures. This is followed by considerations in material selection and corrosion control in three major industrial sectors, oil & gas production, oil refinery, and fertilizers. The importance of pressure vessel codes as well as inspection and maintenance repair practices have also been highlighted. The book will be useful for technicians and entry level engineers in these industrial sectors. Additionally, the book may also be used as primary or secondary reading for graduate and professional coursework.
The Building Envelope: Applications of New Technology Cladding (Butterworth Architecture New Technology) - Product Features
- The Building Envelope: Applications of New Technology Cladding provides an introduction to the state of the art in cladding systems. The goal is to show a precedent, and thus imbue confidence in architects so that they can approach a manufacturer with a reasonable working knowledge of what is feasible. This book contains 33 case studies of buildings which incorporate newer forms of construction technology. The buildings discussed include the Bandstand at Haarlem, Holland; Benthem and Crouwel's House at Almere, a town near Amsterdam, Holland; the Burrell Gallery in Glasgow, Scotland; Clarke Ascot House, Brisbane, Australia; the Conservatory at Kew, southwest London; and the Johnson and Johnson World Headquarters, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- This book is intended to give at least some inspiration to designers wishing to improve their technical understanding of the newer building processes with which they are now involved and have the information available if they care to seek it.
Roofing & Wall Cladding Contractors in the United Kingdom: Market Sales - Product Features
- The Roofing & Wall Cladding Contractors United Kingdom eBook provides 14 years Historic and Forecast data on the market for each of the 12 Products and Markets covered. The Products and Markets covered (Roofing & wall cladding contractors) are classified by the Major Products and then further defined and analysed by each subsidiary Product or Market Sector. In addition full Financial Data (188 items: Historic and Forecast Balance Sheet, Financial Margins and Ratios) Data is provided, as well as Industry Data (59 items) for United Kingdom.
Profiled Sheet Roofing and Cladding: A Guide to Good Practice - Product Features
- This guide, the third edition of the NFRCs guide to good practice, is an accessible and practical code of practice in the application, design and installation of profiled sheeting and wall and roof cladding. The UK has developed very cost-effective methods of erecting and cladding factory, warehouse and storage buildings. This book distills the knowledge of many of the leading experts in this area of construction with hands-on site experience.
- Profiled Sheet Roofing and Cladding, Third edition sets out principles whereby all necessary components can be successfully integrated to provide a weather-tight external envelope that meets all the required performance standards. The special requirements of insulated structures are also considered. It gives up-to-date advice and information which takes account of the exceptional requirements specified and the consequent developments which have occured since the second edition was published in 1991.
- Written for all construction professionals concerned with getting the best value solution for their profiled sheet clad buildings, the guide aims to assist in increasing cooperation between the designer and contractor and to inform all members of the building team about the abilities and applications of products.
Grenfell and Construction Industry Reform: A Guide for the Construction Professional - Product Features
- This book sets out the urgent changes to practices and behaviours required to build a new building safety regime in the UK and prevent a similar tragedy to the fire at Grenfell Tower from reoccurring.
- The inquiry into the fire and the independent Hackitt Review revealed deep-rooted and unpalatable truths about the current state of the UK construction industry. Dame Judith Hackitt was scathing in her assessment of the construction industry denouncing it as "an industry that has not reflected and learned for itself, nor looked to other sectors" and defining the key issues as ignorance, indifference, lack of clarity on roles and responsibilities and inadequate regulatory oversight and enforcement tools.
- Invaluable for all construction professionals who wish to take greater responsibility for the safety of residents in their buildings, this book explains why these major safety reforms are required, how they are to be achieved and the progress towards them to date.
Explosive Welding: Book 4/34: Tables for Chemical, Cladding, Collision (Explosive Welding : Potential Research Gaps and List of Methodologies) - Product Features
- The series includes Lists of methodologies pertaining to research on Explosive Welding. There are 34 book series in all, each of which has tables for different keywords. Students are advised to read the first series since it includes problems pertaining to Explosive Welding and all the 83 references related. Students have the option of selecting one or more of the 34 books that include tables pertinent to their requirements.
Practical Guide - Choice of the cladding - Product Features
- This simplified guide allows you to choose a siding for your future renovation or new construction projects. Essentially, the siding is for single family homes. You will find the product lines, budget prices, advantages and disadvantages in addition to technical information related to the installation.
Laser Cladding - Product Features
- Capitalizing on the rapid growth and reduced costs of laser systems, laser cladding is gaining momentum, and in some instances replacing conventional techniques of depositing thin films because it can accommodate a great variety of materials, achieve uniform thickness and precise widths of layers, and provide improved resistance to wear and corrosion in the final product. Laser cladding technology also offers a revolutionary layered manufacturing and prototyping technique that can fabricate complex components without intermediate steps.
- Laser Cladding reviews the parameters, techniques and equipment, process modeling and control, and the physical metallurgy of alloying and solidification during laser cladding. The authors clarify the interconnections laser cladding has with CAD/CAM design; automation and robotics; sensors, feedback, and control; physics, material science, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and powder metallurgy to promote further development and improved process quality of this growing technology. As the first book entirely dedicated to the topic, it also offers a history of its development and a guide to applications and market opportunities.
The Construction of Buildings: Multi?storey Buildings, Foundations and Substructures, Structural Steel Frames, Floors and Roofs, Concrete, Concrete ... Walls and Cladding of Framed Buildings: v. 4 - Product Features
- Since publication of the first volume of The Construction of Buildings in 1958, the five volume series has been used by both lecturers and students of architecture, building and surveying, and by those seeking guidance for self?build housing and works of alteration and addition.
- Volume 4, which covers the construction of multi?story buildings, including foundations, steel frames, concrete frames and the various systems of walling and cladding used, has been updated to include the use of structural sealant glazing and suspended frameless glazing, new information on solid brick and block walls, and details of metal stud partitions for the support and fixing of plasterboard finishes for non?loadbearing partitions.
- A new presentation has been adapted for this latest edition, with text and illustrations integrated to provide a reader?friendly layout and to aid accessibility of information.