Backyard Decks: How to Build a Simple and Beautiful Deck: Home Decor Book - Product Features
- Stop dreaming about your perfect deck or patio and start planning. Take a look at some of our favorite projects, and then build one (or more!) in your backyard.
- Backyard decks seemingly create square footage out of thin air for summer barbecues, family get-togethers, or just for a quiet glass of wine while the sun sets. Contractor-driven decks tend to be insanely expensive, but the price tag plummets the moment you take on the job yourself. A number of important threads run through do-it-yourself deck building: easy and cheap.
Making Miniature Furniture (Design & construction) - Product Features
- This book deals with the tools and techniques, including marquetry, involved in making reproduction miniature furniture. Timbers, finishes and varnishes, cabinet carcases, making doors and drawers, joints, crossbanding and mitring are all covered. It begins with simple items and builds up to more difficult pieces. The author is one of the top woodwork miniaturists.
Understanding Building Failures (Understanding Construction) - Product Features
- Building defects still continue to plague the construction industry. The lessons learned over the last forty years have not been fully applied. Many new or refurbished buildings still leak or crack. Lack of awareness by designers and installers as to the main mechanisms that trigger such failures remains a problem for the industry.
- Investigating and rectifying building failures form a major part of building surveyors? bread and butter work. This book provides guidance on this work for typical residential, commercial and industrial buildings ? with advice on how to diagnose a wide range of defects with an emphasis on evidence based practice throughout. It considers both modern and older construction methods, together with new and traditional materials. The particular problems of alteration and renovation work are also discussed.
- The first four chapters provide information and guidance on the methodology for investigating failures ? how to prepare for and conduct an investigation into a building defect and subsequently diagnose its cause in a logical manner.
Designing Your Dream Home: Great Decor Ideas for Your Home - Product Features
- Popular home decor has created this delightful and inspiring home planner just for you. With her infectious joy and humor, is there to hold your hand on the decorating road ahead. Infused with witty, simple, and can-do advice, Home Planner Decorate by DIY is packed with unique features to help you realize your decorating dreams: Convenient pockets to tuck paint chips, fabric samples, and more to keep you organized Charming illustrations, photos, and diagrams to inform and encourage you Unique style guides, decision trees, and reference guidelines to inspire confidence in every decorating decision, Easy DIY projects to help you accessorize with personalized style, Incredible extras in the back of the book, including three frameable prints to brighten up your wall decor. Discover these and other amazing tips in every area of home d?cor from painted wall treatments to light fixtures to accessories to floors...and so much more!
Build It Yourself: Weekend Projects for the Garden: Weekend Projects for the Garden - Product Features
- Are you into gardening, DIY, or organic living? Looking to branch into woodworking? Build It Yourself: Weekend Projects for the Garden will help you to do just that. Accompanying you every step of the way, from the local home goods store to your workshop or table, Build It Yourself is a fun, accessible, and portable guide to constructing twelve practical, tasteful projects for your garden and home.
- Author and master woodworker Frank Perrone instructs with the novice in mind. Each project is designed for simple building, complete with a materials list, a cut sheet that makes getting lumber a snap, dimensional diagrams, illustrated step-by-step instructions with attention to every detail, and "Helpful Hints," plus space for notes.
Box Furniture: How To Make A Hundred Useful Articles For The Home (1909) - Product Features
- This scarce antiquarian book is a facsimile reprint of the original. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages. Because we believe this work is culturally important, we have made it available as part of our commitment for protecting, preserving, and promoting the world's literature in affordable, high quality, modern editions that are true to the original work.
Mad About the House - Planner: Your Home, Your Story - Product Features
- Renovation guidebook and planner in one, from the UK?s No.1 interiors blogInteriors expert Kate Watson-Smyth presents the perfect renovation manual and planner to give a second life to homes in need of a change. With more and more people working from home and spending more time in the house, it is more important than ever to have homes that are adaptable and welcoming. Packed with Kate?s sage advice and enthusiasm, chapters are clearly split by room for easier planning, with a focus on sustainability and money-saving tips. Also included are accounts pages to keep track of finances; an address book for useful contacts; checklists for all the essentials in each room; grid pages to draw floorplans; and space to jot down favorite shops, inspiration, and websites.Beautifully packaged with ribbon markers and gold foil page edges, this is a journal to treasure and keep a record of your home's journey. Praise for Mad About the House: ?Full of design hacks for every budget.? Metro
High Efficiency Power Amplifier Design for 28 GHz 5G Transmitters (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing) - Product Features
- This book introduces power amplifier design in 22nm FDSOI CMOS dedicated towards 5G applications at 28 GHz and presents 4 state-of-the-art power amplifier designs. The authors discuss power amplifier performance metrics, design trade-offs, and presents different power amplifier classes utilizing efficiency enhancement techniques at 28 GHz. The book presents the design process from theory, simulation, layout, and finally measurement results.
Building a Houseful of Furniture: 43 Plans with Comments on Design and Construction - Product Features
- Includes plans and instructions for building beds, chests, bureaus, tables, chairs, sofas, desks, library steps, and bookcases.
Queen Anne Furniture: History, Design and Construction - Product Features
- This text contains photographs and 82 pages of measured drawings for chairs, tables and case furniture to help readers build even the most challenging pieces.
Metallic Book Stacks and Furniture for Libries - Product Features
- This work has been selected by scholars as being culturally important, and is part of the knowledge base of civilization as we know it. This work was reproduced from the original artifact, and remains as true to the original work as possible. Therefore, you will see the original copyright references, library stamps (as most of these works have been housed in our most important libraries around the world), and other notations in the work.
- This work is in the public domain in the United States of America, and possibly other nations. Within the United States, you may freely copy and distribute this work, as no entity (individual or corporate) has a copyright on the body of the work.
- As a reproduction of a historical artifact, this work may contain missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etc. Scholars believe, and we concur, that this work is important enough to be preserved, reproduced, and made generally available to the public. We appreciate your support of the preservation process, and thank you for being an important part of keeping this knowledge alive and relevant.