Transducers and Their Elements: Design and Application - Product Features
- Drawing together material that is usually scattered among various sources, this comprehensive and interdisciplinary volume covers the theory, design, fabrication and application of transducer elements and transducer structures ? and features a wealth of practical formulas, calculations, schemes, various parameters organized in tables, ?know how? recipes, and other material helpful in transducer design.
Inspiring air: A history of air-related science (Series on the History of Science) - Product Features
- Eudiometers were instruments originally devised for checking the 'goodness' of common air. Seeking to be more than just a chronological inventory of eudiometers, this book presents a unique retrospective of these fascinating apparatuses from the end of the eighteenth century to the mid-nineteenth century.
- By paying particular attention to the experimental procedures involved over the course of the test, this book aims to understand and explore how eudiometers function, to describe the materials used in making them and the different reagents employed in each eudiometrical test. Importantly, eudiometers were employed within a variety of spheres including human and animal health, gas analysis, chemical theory, plant and animal physiology, atmospheric composition, chemical compound composition, gas lighting, chemical revolution and experimental demonstration.
- Finally, this book looks to redress the existing imbalance in the history of chemistry regarding the attention given to theoretical aspects of chemistry in comparison to chemical practice and apparatus. The few existing accounts of chemical devices written in the past century have not been sufficiently helpful for the understanding of experimental practice in chemistry. Until now no work that deals exclusively with eudiometers and gas analysis from a historical standpoint has been published. Thus, this book will not only cast new light on the subject, but will also contribute to further research on the history of chemical instruments.
Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests - Product Features
- Whether it's software, a cell phone, or a refrigerator, your customer wants - no, expects - your product to be easy to use. This fully revised handbook provides clear, step-by-step guidelines to help you test your product for usability. Completely updated with current industry best practices, it can give you that all-important marketplace advantage: products that perform the way users expect. You'll learn to recognize factors that limit usability, decide where testing should occur, set up a test plan to assess goals for your product's usability, and more.
40 Years of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (Contributions to Nephrology) - Product Features
- 40 Years of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (Contributions to Nephrology)
Compendium of Innovative Health Technologies for Low-resource Settings: Assistive Devices eHealth Solutions Medical Devices - Product Features
- One of the cornerstones of the Universal Health Coverage (UHC) initiative is access to essential medicines and health technologies. Medical devices, assistive devices and eHealth solutions are important components of health technology which have the potential to save lives and improve quality of life and well-being. However, too many people worldwide suffer because they don't have access to high quality, affordable health technology with the problem being more acute in low- and middle-income countries.
- The objective of the compendium series of innovative medical devices, assistive devices and eHealth solutions is to provide a neutral platform for technologies which are likely to be suitable for use in less resourced settings. It presents a snapshot of several health technologies which might have the potential to improve health outcomes and the quality of life, or to offer a solution to an unmet medical/health technology need. It is released to acknowledge some success stories and at the same time, to raise awareness of the pressing need for appropriate and affordable design solutions and to encourage more innovative efforts in the field.
- This effort also encourages greater interaction among ministries of health, procurement officers, donors, technology developers, manufacturers, clinicians, academics and the general public to ensure greater investment in health technology and to move towards universal access to essential health technologies.
Analytical Method Validation and Instrument Performance Verification - Product Features
- Validation describes the procedures used to analyze pharmaceutical products so that the data generated will comply with the requirements of regulatory bodies of the US, Canada, Europe and Japan. Calibration of Instruments describes the process of fixing, checking or correcting the graduations of instruments so that they comply with those regulatory bodies. This book provides a thorough explanation of both the fundamental and practical aspects of biopharmaceutical and bioanalytical methods validation. It teaches the proper procedures for using the tools and analysis methods in a regulated lab setting. Readers will learn the appropriate procedures for calibration of laboratory instrumentation and validation of analytical methods of analysis. These procedures must be executed properly in all regulated laboratories, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical laboratories, clinical testing laboratories (hospitals, medical offices) and in food and cosmetic testing laboratories.
Lab-on-a-Chip: Miniaturized Systems for (Bio)Chemical Analysis and Synthesis - Product Features
- In the past ten years there has been a rapid growth of the research and application area known as Lab-on-a-Chip. After an initial focus on electrokinetic separation techniques on chip, the scope of the field has widened to include topics like microfluidics, DNA analysis, cell analysis, microreactors and mass spectrometer interfacing. As well as the analytical chemistry community, synthetic chemists, chemical engineers, biochemists and biomedical engineers are now also becoming more and more interested in using new micro- and nanotechnological techniques.
- This first Lab-on-a-Chip book contains a broad collection of papers on microtechnology, microfluidics, analytical methods and applications. All contributions are written by leading researchers in their respective fields, and provide new scientists with an overview of the field, to make him/her aware of the enormous opportunities offered by modern technology. The work presented in this book will definitely stimulate readers to new ideas and concepts, and lead to further innovations in this area.
Build Your Own Home Lab - Product Features
- This book shows you how to assemble an efficient working home lab inexpensively and how to make it pay for itself through years of growth and use. Includes many projects for creating your own instruments, including a multichannel oscilloscope switch and a 100-minute timer/stopwatch.
Practical Approaches to Method Validation and Essential Instrument Qualification - Product Features
- Practical approaches to ensure that analytical methods and instruments meet GMP standards and requirements
- Complementing the authors' first book, Analytical Method Validation and Instrument Performance Verification, this new volume provides coverage of more advanced topics, focusing on additional and supplemental methods, instruments, and electronic systems that are used in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and clinical testing. Readers will gain new and valuable insights that enable them to avoid common pitfalls in order to seamlessly conduct analytical method validation as well as instrument operation qualification and performance verification.
Principles of Laboratory Instruments - Product Features
- Intended for clinical laboratory personnel, pathologists, biochemists and cytologists, this basic textbook covers the use of instruments in the clinical laboratory. The concepts of electricity and electronic components and principles of instrumentation and automation in the laboratory are covered.
Buying and Selling Laboratory Instruments: A Practical Consulting Guide - Product Features
- A time-tested, systematic approach to the buying and selling of complex research instruments Searching for the best laboratory instruments and systems can be a daunting and expensive task. A poorly selected instrument can dramatically affect results produced and indirectly affect research papers, the quality of student training, and an investigator's chances for advancement. Buying and Selling Laboratory Instruments offers the valuable insights of an analytical chemist and consultant with over four decades of experience in locating instruments based upon both need and price. It helps all decision makers find the best equipment, service, and support while avoiding the brand-loyalty bias of sales representatives so you can fully meet your laboratory's requirements.
- The first section of the book guides buyers through the hurdles of funding, purchasing, and acquiring best-fit instruments at the least-expensive price. It explains how to find vendors that support their customers with both knowledgeable service and application support. Also offered is guidance on adapting your existing instruments to new applications, integrating new equipment, and what to do with instruments that can no longer serve in research mode.
Microsidd Sponge Holding Forcep 8 Inches (Sponge Holder) - Product Features
- 100% stainless steel
- High Quality, Genuine MICROSIDD Product
- Rust Proof & Peel Proof
- ISO & CE certified Product
- 1 Year Replacement warranty - No question asked for replacement, just courier to seller with your clear address, within 24-48 hours your replacement will be sent by Microsidd India Bangalore
Furminator Stainless Steel Dog Hair Deshedding Tool (181g), 1 Piece - Product Features
- Stainless steel deshedding edge reaches deep beneath your dog's long topcoat to gently remove undercoat and loose hair
- Furejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease
- 4-inch Deshedding edge designed for coats shorter than 2 inches
- Designed by a groomer for professional results
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb