Building the Yellow Wall: The Incredible Rise and Cult Appeal of Borussia Dortmund: WINNER OF THE FOOTBALL BOOK OF THE YEAR 2019 - Product Features
- Towards the beginning of the twenty-first century, Borussia Dortmund were on the verge of going out of business. Now they are an international phenomenon - one of the most popular clubs and fastest-growing football brands in the world. Every fortnight, an incredible number of foreigners eschew their own clubs and domestic leagues and travel to Dortmund to watch football, while people from all corners of the world dream of doing the same - of standing on the largest terrace in the world, the Yellow Wall.
- How did this happen? How could a club that hasn't won a European trophy in twenty years so thoroughly capture people's imaginations?
How To Squat 500 lbs. RAW: 12 Week Squat Program and Technique Guide (How To Lift More Weight Series Book 1) - Product Features
- Are you tired of always squatting the same weight, making little to no progress?
- Do you wish you could finally break through those stubborn strength plateaus and get back to setting NEW Squat PRs?
- And do you also want to learn how to master your squat technique so you can lift the maximum amount of weight your body is capable of?
- A "must-have" guide for those that want to learn how to squat heavy weight properly! First, learn how to perfect your form and correct any weaknesses! Then use the 12-Week Program to keep the gains coming!
The Art of Escalator Jumping - Product Features
- Octavia Chan, a reserved Eurasian girl from Hong Kong, has a hard time standing up to her mother. Joan is driven, controlling and?for a 26-year-old back under her mother?s roof?incredibly frustrating. Octavia moves home from the US to reconnect with her mother when she meets Cal, an impulsive American with enthusiasm to burn.
- The Escalator brings Cal and Octavia together like a mechanical sprite. But then Joan?s tight control begins to unravel. Instead of working on a better relationship with her mother, Octavia finds herself fighting for Joan?s sanity. Enlisting the aid of a tough psychologist-turned-lawyer, a Hong Kong socialite, and a helper with a secret, Octavia must use her own kind of strength to help her mother.
- But a storm is brewing in Hong Kong, and Joan has a secret too.
Timekeeper - Product Features
- An alternate Victorian world controlled by clock towers, where a damaged clock can fracture time?and a destroyed one can stop it completely.
- A prodigy mechanic who can repair not only clockwork, but time itself, determined to rescue his father from a Stopped town.
- A series of mysterious bombings that could jeopardize all of England.
- The first book in a dazzling new steampunk-fantasy trilogy, Timekeeper introduces a magical world of mythology and innovation that readers will never want to leave.
As I Thinketh : Musings on Life - Product Features
- Ever wondered why humans behave the way they behave? Have you ever tried to know your mind and its weird reactions? How much do you love yourself? Don?t you want to live a meaningful life? These and many more questions that deal with human minds and behavior will find their answers in this inspiring, encouraging and heartwarming book.
How To Deadlift 600 lbs. RAW: 12 Week Deadlift Program and Technique Guide (How To Lift More Weight Series Book 3) - Product Features
- Are you tired of always deadlifting the same weight, making little to no progress?
- Do you wish you could finally break through those stubborn strength plateaus and get back to setting NEW Deadlift PRs?
- And do you also want to learn how to master your deadlift technique so you can lift the maximum amount of weight your body is capable of?
- This deadlift book includes a unique 12-Week Strength Program that is proven to give you results over-and-over again! Plus, an in-depth Technique Guide like non-other?for both sumo and conventional styles!
Elevator and Escalator Accident Reconstruction and Litigation - Second Edition - Product Features
- You're considering the case of a maintenance worker injured while repairing an elevator, or an elderly woman hurt on a department store escalator while doing some weekend shopping with her grandchildren. An initial search of the literature has turned up almost nothing useful. Your instinct tells you the cases are good, but to evaluate them properly, you need this new addition to our litigation series.
- The key questions are: what caused the accident, and what were the contributory factors? Some accidents have an element of "in the wrong place at the wrong time" about them, while others have an element of disregard for the equipment involved. Sadly, others fall into the category of sheer negligence or incompetence. This book will help you determine the difference.
Complex PTSD for Beginners: an Easy Guide: Overcome Depression, Anxiety, Anger & Worry. How to Improve your Moods, Regain Emotional Control, Find your ... Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Book 1) - Product Features
- "Complex PTSD for Beginners: an Easy Guide", hopes to be a source of information and inspiration for anyone experiencing PTSD or Complex PTSD, or for anyone who loves someone with Complex PTSD. The aim of this book is to provide a framework for self-management and recovery, but it should always be combined with professional help. You are strong enough to do this. Smile in trouble, gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), as its name suggests, is an anxiety disorder that can occur secondary to a stressful or traumatic event like a vehicle accident or natural disasters. However, in recent years, a closely related condition called Complex PTSD (complex post-traumatic stress disorder) is emerging as a new anxiety disorder which is now widely recognized and diagnosed by doctors worldwide. This disorder is called ?complex,? because it involves repeated trauma over months or years, compared to a single traumatic event that causes simple PTSD.
- This book, together with other resources and professional help, hopes to help its readers to overcome depression, anxiety, anger & worry associated with PTSD and Complex PTSD. In future updates, it will expand further into how to Improve your moods, regain emotional control, find your purpose after trauma & rise from CPTSD.
Build muscle: The complete beginner's guide to building muscle, strength and size without the use of steroids - Product Features
- If you're a complete beginner when it comes to building muscle, and want look great as quickly as possible without having to use steroids, or waste stupid amounts of money on supplements - then this book is for you!
- This program has been written with the intention of helping the absolute beginner obtain a level of understanding, within a short period of time. Our wish, is for you to achieve noticeable results in strength and size, without the use of illicit drugs or expensive supplements. The program is short, simple and to the point. In this 12 week program, we will cover the following.
The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess - Product Features
- In The New Rules of Lifting for Women, authors Lou Schuler, Cassandra Forsythe and Alwyn Cosgrove present a comprehensive strength, conditioning and nutrition plan destined to revolutionize the way women work out. All the latest studies prove that strength training, not aerobics, provides the key to losing fat and building a fit, strong body. This book refutes the misconception that women will "bulk up" if they lift heavy weights. Nonsense! It's tough enough for men to pack on muscle, and they have much more of the hormone necessary to build muscle: natural testosterone. Muscles need to be strengthened to achieve a lean, healthy look. Properly conditioned muscles increase metabolism and promote weight loss -- it's that simple. The program demands that women put down the "Barbie" weights, step away from the treadmill and begin a strength and conditioning regime for the natural athlete in every woman. The New Rules of Lifting for Women will change the way women see fitness, nutrition and their own bodies.
How To Raise An Amazing Child the Montessori Way, 2nd Edition: A Parents' Guide to Building Creativity, Confidence, and Independence - Product Features
- A practical parenting programme for the years from birth to six, this is the book to help you build a calm and happy home life with your child. Written by Tim Seldin, President of the Montessori Foundation, and based on proven methods used in Montessori schools, this is the most fully up-to-date guide on Montessori parenting, including brand-new guidance on topics such as children's use of digital media, and the latest discoveries in the neuroscience of child development.
- How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way summarises each of Montessori's pioneering child-centred methods and covers children's first steps in reading, writing, and maths. It's packed with practical, encouraging advice, as well as enticing activities to help children discover the world at their own pace - fostering independence, concentration, and respect.
Aucklanders, Rebel Poets and Reading on Escalators (PopKorn Press Book 58) - Product Features
- Before I started my poetry course, after my summer school of my first taste of creative writing under Avia and Johnson, and a chance meeting with my future teacher Michelle; I had to go through the jungle of my final assignment and I was in love with my marker. She was a classy Chilean lady and having just arrived back after five months in India and since essay was due in a week; yes I love the last minute adrenaline action, I was camped for a couple of nights in the computer centre, alternating between Epsom and Eden. Eating apples!
Script contre la peur des escalators (French Edition) - Product Features
- Cet eBook contient le script avec la mise en place d'un signaling / d'un signal id?o-moteur, la mise en place d'un ancrage et les suggestions th?rapeutiques pour le travail avec l?inconscient de votre consultant(e) / de votre patient(e) pour l?aider contre sa peur des escalators / des escaliers m?caniques. Pendant votre s?ance, assurez : la d?tente de votre consultant(e) avant la s?ance, son installation, votre induction, la mise en place des fusibles, l?approfondissement de l??tat hypnotique et vos ratifications.
Lift Cookbook: Recipes from the Community for Building Web Applications with Scala - Product Features
- If you need help building web applications with the Lift framework, this cookbook provides scores of concise, ready-to-use code solutions. You?ll find recipes for everything from setting up a coding environment to creating REST web services and deploying your application to production.
- Built on top of the Scala JVM programming language, Lift takes a different?yet ultimately easier?approach to development than MVC frameworks such as Rails. Each recipe in this book includes a discussion of how and why each solution works, not only to help you complete the task at hand, but also to illustrate how Lift works.
The Craft Sequence: (Three Parts Dead, Two Serpents Rise, Full Fathom Five, Last First Snow, Four Roads Cross) - Product Features
- Set in a phenomenally-built world in which lawyers ride lightning bolts, souls are currency, and cities are powered by the remains of fallen gods, MAX GLADSTONE's Craft Sequence introduces readers to a modern fantasy landscape and an epic struggle to build a just society.
- Two Serpents Rise ? Caleb Altemoc?casual gambler and professional risk manager?is sent by Red King Consolidated to cleanse shadow demons from the Dresediel Lex city water supply, and uncovers a scheme to forever alter the balance of power in the city.
- Last First Snow ? Craft lawyer Elayne Kevarian and warrior-priest Temoc must fight dark magic, secret agendas, and their own demons to save the peace between the citizens and rulers of Dresediel Lex, before hell opens to swallow the city whole.